NAMIWalks Your Way Northern Virginia
Join us on October 10, 2020
Register Now! Donate To This Event
Check out our recording of our Live Opening Ceremonies here.
View other videos from Walk day here.
Saturday, October 10, 2020
5K, or Your Day, Your Way
Participate in NAMIWalks through social media and our Live feeds
Live Opening Ceremonies- 10am
See the full Walk day timeline here.
NAMI Northern Virginia
PO Box 8693
Reston, VA 20195
NAMIWalks is going to be a little different this year. We’re not canceling it – we wouldn’t think of it when our collective mental health needs are at their greatest. NAMI’s programs and advocacy are needed more than ever, and with your help, we are pleased to present a walk for our times, NAMIWalks Your Way Northern Virginia: A Virtual Event on October 10.
What is NAMIWalks Your Way?
On October 10th, NAMIWalks will be a virtual experience. NAMIWalks Your Way means what it sounds like: participants get to make NAMIWalks their own. You can walk a 5K—through your neighborhood, around your backyard, on your treadmill. Or you can do something else meaningful and fun to celebrate our virtual walk day.
What you can do on event day:
- Participate in our Masker-piece contest.
- Get creative and decorate a mask! Send a photo of your mask along with this entry form to [email protected] by 3pm on October 10th for a chance to be featured on our social media on Walk day.
- Participate in the Day of Hope Scavenger Hunt.
- Complete as many tasks as you can on this list. Return your list to [email protected] by 3pm on October 10th for a chance to win a special NAMIWalks Your Way T-shirt.
- Tune in to our Walk Day programming.
- We will be live for our opening ceremonies at 10am on this page. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see messages of hope and support throughout the day. View the full timeline here.
- Check out the Community Partner Resource Fair here.
- Walk YOUR Way
- You can walk, run, bike, bake, nap, knit, catch up with friends, etc. Whatever you do, be sure to share it on social media using our hashtags below. Don't forget to make it public and tag us so that we can share it too.
Take photos and videos and share your activity on a favorite social media with the link to your walk fundraising page and the hashtag #MentalHealthForAll and #NAMIWalksNoVa. Together we can make a difference for people affected by mental illness - Mental Health for All
The only limit of NAMIWalks Your Way is the reach of your imagination and the breadth of your compassion. Share your ideas with us!
Become a Sponsor: Click here to view the Sponsorship Brochure to learn more about Sponsor benefits. Email [email protected] with questions.
Become a Community Partner: Email [email protected] to learn how to become a Community Partner and get a spot in our Virtual Resource Fair.