NAMIWalks Long Island/Queens
Join us on May 6, 2017
Donate To This Event
Saturday, May 6, 2017
NAMI Queens Nassau
1981 Marcus Ave,
New Hyde Park, NY 11042
Let's Walk for Mental Health!
As NAMIWalks Long Island/Queens celebrates its 14th anniversary, we invite you to take part in NAMI’s largest and most successful mental health awareness and fundraising event in the country.
When you walk with NAMI, you join the movement to raise awareness of mental illness and raise funds for our mission to help individuals and families right here in our region.
Register today and join us as we improve lives and our communities one step at a time.
- There is no walker registration fee for the Walk. All participants are encouraged to collect donations from family members, friends, co-workers and business associates in support of their participation in the Walk.
- All the funds collected by Walkers will be used to fund NAMI’s programs here in the Long Island/Queens area. These programs include support, education, research and advocacy involving schizophrenia, bipolar disorder (manic depression), major depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and severe anxiety disorders.
- All walkers raising $100 or more will receive a NAMIWalks event T-shirt.
- Companies, organizations and families are encouraged to organize teams of walkers made up of employees, organization members, relatives and friends to take part in the Walk.
- Team building and fundraising materials can be found right here by clicking the Team Captain Resource link above.
- There is a $8.00 parking fee for Jones Beach.
- NAMIWalks is a rain or shine event.
This year NAMIWalks Long Island/Queens has partnered with effybee Jewelry to create something special for team captains and participants who donate before our
kick-off event to help us get things started.
Register online and make a one-time donation of $100 or more before the Kick-off event and receive a:
Sodalite Bliss Bracelet
Register online and make one-time donation of $150 or more before the Kick-off event and receive a:
Sodalite Bliss Bracelet AND Mini Bliss Blue Lace Agate Bracelet