NAMIWalks Your Way Chicago
Join us on October 10, 2020
Register Now! Donate To This Event
Welcome to NAMIWalks Chicago, reimagined.
For over a decade, NAMIWalks Chicago has been about the power of people coming together as friends and allies. This year, we're putting a new spin on NAMIWalks for the current world we're living in. It's everything you've ever walked for, and more.
Join us for an amazing season of action, culminating on October 10, World Mental Health Day, with a virtual celebration of our journey together.
Click "Register Now" at the top of the page to join the movement as an individual or team.
Our Season of Action
Going virtual means we can offer more through NAMIWalks Chicago than we ever have before. All throughout the fall, join us for exclusive opportunities to build community, awareness and raising critical funds for mental health!
Starting right after Labor Day, NAMI Chicago is hosting 5 Challenge Weeks for 5K. Each week, we'll offer virtual, solo and team challenges: acts of community kindness and support to others, chances to learn and grow, ways to share your story. Register today to join the movement!
October 10: National Day of Hope
NAMI Chicago will join NAMI affiliates across the country in celebrating October 10, World Mental Health Day, as our NAMIWalks finale. NAMI Chicago will host a big virtual celebration of hope that day - more details to come!
We'll also share a toolkit that helps every participant and team decide what it means to "get to 5K" that day, their way. Whether that's walking 3,500 steps in your neighborhood, solo or in a group, hosting a virtual bakeoff with your team, or practicing self-care with your favorite hobby - what matters is that we are coming together as one to say that mental health matters. Our journeys all look different, but together, we are unstoppable.
Who is NAMI Chicago?
NAMI Chicago is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization in Chicago that provides mental health education, support and advocacy. We are one of the largest and most active affiliates of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). We work tirelessly, seven days a week, to create a world that prioritizes mental wellness, and to bridge people into the care and support they deserve to live thriving lives of recovery.
What does my fundraising support?
• Our free Helpline, which operates 71 hours per week to connect callers with live mental health counselors for emotional support and builds bridges to community resources around housing, legal aid, food and more
• Ending the Silence, a free mental health education program that teaches kids and teens how to take care of their own mental health and seek help for themselves or a friend, and trains their parents and caregivers on how to support them
• Peer support groups, including some for individuals on their own mental health journeys and some for family members supporting a loved one living with a mental health condition, all operating virtually during COVID-19
• Community programming in neighborhoods disproportionately impacted by trauma, violence and racism, teaching churches, community organizations and first responders how to use a healing-centered approach, and helping community members build wellness tools and connect to resources
• Policy advocacy work to improve the city and state's mental health system on every level
A season of action, leading up to Saturday, October 10, 2020
5K, or Your Day, Your Way
Participate in NAMIWalks through social media and our Live feeds
Virtual, solo and small group options