|Saturday, September 29, 2018||5k||Jennings Landing
1 Quay St
NAMI New York
|8:30 AM||10:00 AM|
STRONG Bodies start with STRONG Minds!
*** FREE PARKING ** LIVE MUSIC ** ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS ** WELLNESS FAIR***
As NAMIWalks NYS celebrates our 3rd anniversary, we invite you to take part in NAMI’s largest and most successful mental health awareness and fundraising event in the country.
When you walk with NAMI, you join the movement to raise awareness of mental illness and raise funds for our mission to help individuals and families right here in our region.
In the last year alone, NAMI NYS has provided Hope and Help to over 185,000 individuals and families through our NAMI Signature programs, NAMI support group, Ending the Silence, a mental heatlh literacy programs for students, Crisis Intervention Training for law enforcement, table events, and social media.
CHANGES ATTITUDES AND SAVES LIVES!
This year, we will celebrate Recovery and raise awareness for those living with mental illness on:
Saturday, September 28th, 2018 at Jennings Landing, 1 Quay Street Albany NY.
John Gray, Channel 10 News, our Grand Marshal will kick-off the event with a fun-filled day of family friendly activities, live music, and a wellness fair.
Register today and join us as we improve lives and our communities one step at a time.
NAMI-New York State is dedicated to provide support and education of families of people with serious and persistent brain disorders (mental illness). NAMI-New York State advocates for better services in the public system of care, seeks to educate the public about the myths of mental illness to eradicate stigma, and supports brain research.
1. To improve the quality of life for our relatives that suffer from brain disorders (mental illness).
2. To provide a forum where parents, spouses, siblings, adult offsprings, and friends of
individuals with brain disorders (mental illness) may share experiences and give emotional
support to one another.
3. To protect the rights and promote the welfare, comfort, and well being of individuals with
brain disorders (mental illness), particularly those who are too ill to speak for themselves.
4. To encourage and assist in the development of improved treatment, housing, care and,
employment for individuals with brain disorders (mental illness).
5. To foster the advancement of research leading to more effective treatment of brain disorders
6. To work for an enlightened and more sympathetic public understanding of mental illness with
the hope of diminishing the stigma and discrimination associate with the biological brain
7. To undertake any activity that future experience may indicate is of benefit to individuals with
brain disorders (mental illness) and their families including the encouragement of membership
in the organization by local groups or at large members.
For more information on NAMI NYS, please visit: www.naminys.org
NAMI NYS is a 501.c.3 Charitable Organization.
"The American Institute of Philanthropy (AIP), the nation's leading charity watchdog, awarded NAMI an A+ for it's cost-effective charitable spending and fundraising practices."
NAMI is certified by the National BBB Better Business Bureau as meeting accountability standards.