Join us on April 22, 2023Donate
Saturday, April 22, 2023
Cooper Riverside Park
101 S Water Street
Mobile, AL 36602
PO Box 161522
Mobile, AL 36616
Susan Nelson Pickard, APR
NAMIWalks Mobile Manager
WALK DAY DETAILS
REGISTRATION: There will be Registration/Check In tables located at the North and the South entrances to The Coop. If you have pre-registered at https://www.namiwalks.org/mobile, skip the lines and go to the Check In tables. If not, go to the Registration tables. Walkers must either pre-register or register on site to get into the Park.
WEATHER: Mental Health is important RAIN OR SHINE, so we Walk unless the conditions are dangerous.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Kids! We will have a Kid’s Tent with games, toys, face painting and other activities.
- Pets if they are on leashes and the owner is well-behaved enough to clean up after them.
- Money! Money to donate and to purchase delicious Frio’s Gourmet Pops!
- We’ll have bottled water and a few snacks, but feel free to bring your own and picnic in the park.
- Comfortable walking/dancing shoes! We have an awesome DJ and a killer Warm Up crew!
- Sunscreen, folding chairs, blankets, strollers, wagons, portable phone charger…
DONATIONS: NAMI Mobile’s programs are free, but they are not without costs. All participants are encouraged to donate at https://www.namiwalks.org/mobile or bring cash or a check made out to NAMI Mobile.
PARKING: Limited free parking is available in the Gulf Quest Museum lot, under the interstate at Water Street and in front of Fort Conde as well as various places downtown. Metered parking spaces are free on the weekends. Paid parking is available in the Convention Center garage for $10 beginning at 7 am, the Republic lot as well as various lots and garages downtown. Parking is NOT available at the Cruise Terminal.
TEAM CAPTAINS: Team Captain Check In will be at the Park’s East Gate where you will pick up your Team’s t-shirts. Remember that only individual Walkers who raised $100 and attributed to them (not the Team) on your Team page. Your Team Members must either Pre-Register and Check In at the North or South Registrations tables or Register on site. Choose a meeting place for your Team so you can distribute t-shirts and take a Team photo.
- NAMI Mobile
- AltaPointe Health
- Accordia Health & HIV Program
- PJ’s Coffee
- Culver’s Restaurant
- Infirmary Health Senior Behavioral Health
- Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa
- Lifelines Counseling Services
- Gulf Coast Regional Early Childhood Services
- Peir – People Engaged in Recovery
- South Alabama Out of the Darkness Suicide Prevention
- Gulf Coast Veteran’s Administration Health Care System