NAMIWalks Your Way Summit County
Join us on October 8, 2022
Register Now! Donate To This Event
Saturday, October 8, 2022
The Stile Athletics Field House at The University of Akron
289 S Union Street
Akron, OH 44302
Dogs are permitted on the Walk route but are not permitted in the Field House
(Certified Service Dogs are permitted in the Field House)
8:30 am - 12:00 pm EST
NAMI Summit County
150 Cross Street
Akron, OH 44311
Leslie Powlette Stoyer
Use GPS Address: 266 Spicer Street Akron
Free parking in Lot 10. Enter Field House from Lot 10 and through garage doors at rear of the parking lot
Opening Up to a New Day
On your feet, participants! Join us as we step into NAMIWalks Your Way 2022, which promises to be our most meaningful event ever. It’s a new day for mental health and we will embrace it together at The Stile Athletics Field House at The University of Akron.
WALK DAY INSTRUCTIONS:
- Check in at the t-shirt tables and add your TEAM NAME to the White Board. You will receive t-shirts for anyone on your Team who has raised $100 or more.
- Pick a time and meeting place to meet your team members. Arrange to get your team photo taken under the NAMIWalks Arch.
- Please make sure that all of your team members have registered electronically through the website. We would like to avoid people congregating at check-in.
- We will have paper check-in for those who have not registered online.
- Place any paper registration forms and offline donations in your Team Captain envelope and check in at registration for your entire team.
Walkers registered on a team
- Find your team captain. Have a designated time and meeting place.
- Your team captain will check you in at registration and give you your NAMIWalks t-shirt if you have raised more than $100.00.
Walkers registered individually (not registered with a team)
- Check in at registration and receive a NAMIWalks t- shirt if you have raised more than $100.00
Arrive at Field House
- TIME: 6:00 AM and check in at our volunteer table where you will receive your volunteer t-shirt and be assigned to a duty.
- WHAT'S REQUIRED: Set up, which will entail moving tables, chairs, boxes, signs etc. There is moderate to heavy lifting involved. We will need volunteers to place signs, inflate balloons, attend to our kids table etc.
- If you have any physical restrictions that would cause you to be unable to complete any assigned task, please let us know upon check in, and we will reassign you.
- We will need you to stay through clean up. You should be finished no later than 12 noon.
Questions? Call or email us 330-252-1188 or [email protected]
Mental Health for All — and Always