NAMIWalks Your Way Inland Empire
Join us on October 9, 2021
Register Now! Donate To This Event
Saturday, October 9, 2021
Participate in NAMIWalks Your Way through social media
9 am - 11 am PDT
NAMIWalks Inland Empire
NAMI Mt. San Jacinto
PO Box 716
San Jacinto, CA 92583
Join us for a Unique Mental Health Awareness & Fundraising Event!
Our NAMIWalks event will be a little different than what you might expect from a walk event this year. This year our event will be "your way", meaning you choose what you do on event day. We hope to have an in-person component to our walk this year. We will be following comprehensive safety protocols to bring our community movement for mental health back together, stronger than ever. As walk day gets closer, we will advise participants on their options:
1. Participate virtually from YOUR neighborhood: Gather your team at a local park or trail near you, livestream our walk ceremony, and get to walking! Post and follow #NAMIWalksIE as we all join together on social media.
2. Attend the walk at our TBD in-person location: We hope to be able to gather in-person. Stay tuned as walk day gets closer. As guidelines around larger events develop, we thank you for your flexibility, and we will keep you informed on where we will gather for walk day. We will make sure everyone is safe and walking "Your Way" across the Inland Empire!
Our collective mental health needs are at their greatest right now. One in three U.S. adults reported experiencing depression or anxiety since the pandemic began. NAMI's programs and advocacy are needed more than ever, and with your help, we are pleased to present NAMIWalks Your Way Inland Empire on Saturday, October 9th.
What is NAMIWalks Your Way Inland Empire?
NAMIWalks Your Way is a completely virtual experience where you get to choose your activity! You can choose any activity that makes you feel happy and energized.
A few ideas for event day activities:
- Walk or run a 5K, inside on a treadmill or at a neighborhood park
- Plan a craft day or other indoor activity with your kids
- Hold a virtual bake-off with your team
- Practice self-care with a favorite hobby like yoga or painting
- Ride a stationary bike or ride outside exploring your neighborhood
Your participation and fundraising will help NAMIWalks Inland Empire improve the lives of those affected by mental illness in our community.
Prior to event day, you'll share about your commitment to Mental Health for All and invite friends and family to join you or support you by making a donation.
On event day, you'll post photos and videos of your activity on your favorite social media, including the link to your fundraising page and the hashtags #NAMIWalksIE #NotAlone.
Every email, social media post, text, and conversation will raise awareness about NAMIWalks Inland Empire and the important work we do, and hopefully will help you raise $1,000 or more and become a NAMIWalks Inland Empire Walk Star!
Sponsorship Opportunities Are Available
We can only reach our goals with the support of dedicated organizations like yours. Your sponsorship will demonstrate to your employees and our community that you are committed to improving the lives of individuals with mental health conditions and their families. Please contact Brenda Scott at [email protected] to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
There are many ways you can make a difference via NAMIWalks: as a sponsor, team captain, team member, or an individual participant. Registering for NAMIWalks is quick, easy, and free. Every participant who raises $100 or more will receive our exclusive 2021 NAMIWalks Your Way Inland Empire T-shirt.