Frequently Asked Questions
Get all the details about NAMIWalks Northern California 2023 Right Here!
Click on the links below to jump to that section:
Where and when is the Walk?
- Saturday, May 6th at William Land Park Village Green in Sacramento CA https://goo.gl/maps/2Qq7duHxyiJU9YuVA
- 8 AM - Check-in and Community Fair
- 9 AM - Program begins
- 10 AM - Walk starts
- 12 PM - Walk Ends
- Please note: William Land Park is a LARGE park - please review the map for the location of this event (at the Village Green).
What if it rains?
MENTAL HEALTH is important RAIN OR SHINE so you can count on NAMIWalks Northern California to be ON - we won't let a little rain stop us!
Where do we park?
- We have secured FREE parking for our participants at Sacramento City College, located just off Sutterville Road. The event site is an approximately 15 min walk from the parking area.
- PRIDE Industries is providing free, fully accessible shuttle service to the Event Site. Shuttles are dog-friendly for friendly dogs!
- To find parking, use the main entrance for Sac City College off Sutterville Rd and follow past the stadium (on your right) look for NAMIWalks volunteers in orange with free parking passes starting at 7 am on Walk Day.
- There is very limited street parking near the event site. Please do not park in the residential neighborhoods near the park or in the golf course parking. Help us be good neighbors!
Below, you'll see a map showing the parking location in relation to the Walk start and other activities!
Are there bathrooms at the park?
Yes! There are 2 permanent bathrooms and there will be portable toilets as well, including ADA accessible toilets.
I registered online, do I need to check-in at the walk?
Yes! All participants must check-in on Walk Day.
I'm a Team Captain, can I check in my whole team?
No, each participant needs to check themselves in and pick up their wristband themselves.
Do I need to register to walk?
- Yes! Everyone walking must register (but don't worry, its free!).
- We encourage you to register ONLINE now.
- Registration forms will be available on Walk Day and our volunteers will help get you registered quickly so you can enjoy the event!
Do you have other questions about registration? Contact [email protected] for answers!
Can I run instead of walk?
We are historically a non-competitive 5k walk, so the majority of people will be walkers. If you really want to run though- go for it! If you are running, please run off to the side and be considerate of our walkers!
I'm not sure that I/someone I am walking with can finish a 5k, but I/we still want to walk. What can I do?
We've got you covered! Our course is a flat, paved 3-loop course of just over 1 mile for each loop. Completing the course 3 times will approximately equal a 5K. The great news is - you can do as few (or as many!) loops as you'd like - and if you are unable or uninterested in walking even 1 loop - please still join us! There are plenty of other festivities starting at 8 am that you can enjoy.
Are stollers allowed?
Yes! Strollers and wagons are allowed. We are family-friendly and hope to see lots of smiling youngsters on May 7th!
Are dogs allowed?
Yes! Leashed, well-behaved dogs are allowed. Please remember to clean up after your pet. NAMIWalks dog bandannas will be available for your pooches too! Visit the Front Street Animal Shelter booth at the information fair to get yours (free!) **Although we love dogs at NAMIWalks, please note that there will be approximately 1500 people in attendance at the event - if your dog is not child-friendly, or is not able to handle moderate noise/crowds/other dogs, please consider whether bringing your pup to this event is the right choice.***
Should I bring food?
That's up to you! We'll have snack bars, fruit and water. The event is over by 12 pm so you can either plan on staying in the park and having a picnic - or visit one of the great local restaurants nearby for lunch with your friends/families/teams!
Can I donate offline or send in my check/cash donations prior to the Walk?
YES! We accept checks mailed to 7230 S. Land Park Drive STE 111, Sacramento, CA 95831 - please include the name of the Walker that the donation should be applied to.
Can I donate at the Walk?
Yes - we encourage everyone to donate at the walk!
NAMIWalks Northern California is designed to be a fun and inspiring day for all, but reaching our fundraising goal is equally important, as it allows us to continue and/or expand important NAMI programs throughout the 7 counties represented on Walk Day!
How can I donate on Walk Day?
You will be asked at check-in if you'd like to make a donation.
You can also log into www.namiwalks.otg/northerncalifornia to make a donation right from your mobile device!
We accept the following forms of payment on Walk Day: Cash, Check, Debit/Credit/Paypal
Please make checks payable to: NAMIWalks Northern California (If you want the donations to go to an individual or team OTHER THAN YOURSELF, please include it in the subject line!)
I raised $100 or More....I'm getting a Shirt, Right?
- Yes! When you check-in you will receive a voucher for your HERO shirt that you can take to the T-shirt table to redeem!
- Although we do our best to have a large variety of sizes available (from Youth Small through Adult 3XL) it is impossible to predict what the needs will be on Walk Day.
I have 3 people who donated $100 each to me (or my team) - do they get shirts?
No. Shirts are only for individual fundraisers who raise at least $100.
Our team has 5 people and we raised a combined $500, do we get 5 shirts?
No. Shirts are for individual fundraisers who raise at least $100.
We can't wait to see you all on May 6th for NAMIWalks Northern California!