Walk Day Details!
NAMIWalks Georgia 2017
Saturday, October 7
RAIN OR SHINE!
Walker check-in starts at 9:00AM (at the Pavilions)
Walk starts at 10:30AM
- What if it rains? NAMIWalks Georgia is RAIN or SHINE!?
- When do I arrive? Walker Check-in is open from 9:00AM until 10:15AM. The Walk will start at 10:30AM. We recommend coming early!
- Where do I park? Please note that as the City of Atlanta prepares to begin construction on its Grant Park Gateway Project, the parking lot off of Boulevard SE is now closed to the public. The sidewalk along Boulevard SE and neighboring green space is also closed and fenced off. Free parking is available in the parking lot on Cherokee Avenue facing Zoo Atlanta (800 Cherokee Ave SE). Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be extremely limited. A valid disabled person parking placard is required when parking in accessible parking spaces. In addition, residential street parking in Grant Park is free and unlimited. The intersection of Park Ave SE and Berne St SE is the closest pedestrian entrance to the Pavilion area.
- Is there public transportation? Grant Park is accessible by MARTA. Visit itsmarta.com for more info, or download MARTA's On the Go App for scheduling information, real-time bus and rail information, service alerts and more. Consider Uber and Lyft as other transportation options.
- Where do I go once I arrive? The staging area will be at the two large pavilions located next to the CLOSED Boulevard SE parking lot (same spot as last year's NAMIWalks).
- Can I register to participate on Walk day? Yes, this can be done at Walker check-in.
- Can I bring donations on Walk day? Yes, all donations can be turned in at Walker check-in.
- Am I responsible for picking up my Walk t-shirt? Yes, every walker that has individually raised $100 or more will pick up his or her own Walk t-shirt at Walker check-in.
- Is NAMIWalks Georgia a family friendly event? Yes - Bring the entire family!
- Will food be available for purchase? Yes, Tex's Taco food truck will be up and running and will have breakfast and lunch options available for purchase from 9:30AM - 12:30PM.
- Can I collect donations after Walk day? The NAMIWalks Georgia website will be live for 60 days after October 7! If you haven't met your goal by Walk day, you are encouraged to continue your fundraising efforts!
Driving Directions to Grant Park:
- Off of Interstate 20, Take Exit 59A (Boulevard) and proceed south 0.5 mile. Turn Right on Berne St SE. (Street parking at the intersection of Berne St SE and Park Ave SE is closest to Pavilion/Staging area.)
- Off Interstate 75/85, take Exit 246 (Fulton Street) and drive east on Fulton Street. Turn right at Capitol Avenue. Follow Capitol to first light, turn left on Georgia Avenue. Georgia Avenue ends at the Cherokee Avenue lot. (PARKING LOT is right next to Zoo Atlanta -- look for signs to take a short path towards Pavilion/Staging area)
For all other questions, please email Rachel Barber, Walk Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.